Sunday, February 10, 2019

Still waiting...February was not the month

Well, we rescheduled surgery again. Now for April 25th. Again, Carson wasn't all that sick but he wasn't 100% either. I had some cultures done last Monday with his pediatrician just to give me as much information as possible going into surgery. They showed a common cold virus and a bacterial infection (even though he doesn't have many symptoms at all). When I called Cincinnati, the nurse practitioner told me, "Nope, we aren't doing this!" She said, we all want this to be his last surgery too and we aren't doing it until he is totally ready. She asked me why I had cultures done[because she didn't order them]...but said, that it was probably a good thing because it may have been what saved us another trip only to have it rescheduled anyway.

This is frustrating, of course, and means that while we still have hopes of Dr. Cotton being here for the surgery itself, he won't be here for the follow up and we still have this surgery hanging over our heads. But at the same time, I am thankful everyone has Carson's best interest at heart. It WILL happen at some point....not sure when, but I know God does. Hoping that the perfect day may be April 25th!

I think Carson has put his thoughts (& really mine) most simply. "I want my trach out, but I don't want to have surgery." And that's just it, I want to have this surgery behind us but I don't want him to have to go through ANY of the pain, anxiety, and suffering of it. I know God will walk right through it with us, but for now, we get back to living life. Now, we have Valentine's Day parties and a winter break coming up that won't include any surgery. So cheers to that!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I really can't tell you all enough, how much it means to us to have so many praying for Carson (& us) and following along with his journey [STILL]. So many who check up on us still. We are beyond blessed to have so many in our corner! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment