I watched a video this past week and it talked about wanting to just skip straight from Palm Sunday to Easter (to the happy times) but that there is a purpose for the dark times, in going THROUGH Holy Week, for Jesus...for humanity. It just really hit me, we all have 'Holy Weeks' in our life and for me, it's this coming week with Carson's surgery. I want to just skip over the surgery and the immediate recovery...heck I would kinda like to skip to when Carson no longer has a trach, but I know there is purpose and that growth comes out of the tough times. I wouldn't want to miss all the moments in between even though I would LOVE to skip the suffering.
I can't really think about what all is going to transpire in the surgery, it hurts my heart to think of Carson having to go through it all. I'm praying, first and foremost, for the most successful surgery possible (now and later on) but I'm also praying for the least invasive procedures...there is a possibility of up to two more rib grafts and a t tube placement for 6 months [all that's subject to change at the surgeons' discretion]. Prayers for clarity of thought and steady hands for the doctors and staff. Prayers for Carson's peace of mind going into surgery and through the anesthesia process and for his recovery. Prayers for all the other details of the trip and stay also. Kellen is staying home [with Preston's parents] for the first part at least, since school is still in session. My mom is coming with us to watch Brody & to be my emotional support : )
I cannot tell you how much it means to know we have all of you praying along with us! I am hopeful and trying to be as surrendered as possible to God's will.
"Do not be fear, I am with you. Do not be afraid for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10
"I remain confident of this, I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."
Psalm 27:13-14
No comments:
Post a Comment