Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Rescheduled...waiting for that perfect time

Well, we have rescheduled again.

Carson feels okay but is not at his best (& that's what we are wanting for this surgery) and I DEFINITELY didn't want to put him through the anesthesia process only to reschedule anyway. We are now down for February 15th...I don't have a lot of hope for February but we wanted to give it a shot. February will be our last attempt to have Dr. Cotton there for the surgery and then also for the follow up (6 months later) when the t tube will be removed. He retires the beginning of September.

Lots of prayers that Carson is healthy and feeling perfect at that point. But even more for his peace of mind and guidance for all of us. I think it will be a good thing to have the surgery behind us. Carson has a fair amount of anxiety about this surgery in particular...he knows it requires more, that it is a 'bigger' surgery and that he'll most likely have a t tube afterwards. He does not remember the t tube from last time. It gets harder as he gets older...

This extra time has allowed us a chance to talk about fear, anxiety, and how to deal with it. And that God is ALWAYS with us and will watch over us!

Do not fear, I am with you. Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. 
Joshua 1:9

Happy New Year to everyone!! Praying for health, joy, love, and making the most of every moment this coming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment