Friday, December 28, 2018

Oh, the waiting...

Well, we are one week out from the rescheduled surgery (January 4th)...and I'm pretty sure Carson has the cold now that Brody and I had last week. Ugh! We were so careful to avoid germs and lots of people for the past week even with the holidays but such is life. It is nearly impossible to keep Brody out of Carson and Kellen's faces and vice versa. We have not cancelled surgery yet but after the last trip, Preston and I don't plan to go if Carson is not 100%. So prayers for guidance and health please as we wait (& trust) for the perfect timing of this surgery.

While I am on here, I have to share a sweet story. I was in my bathroom on Christmas Eve and could hear Kellen and Carson talking in the other room. Kellen hollered at Carson and then I heard Kellen go on to tell Carson, "Carson, I am so glad you are alive. Who else would I play/do all these legos with?""I am so glad that thing [teratoma] didn't make you die."
My heart melted and I was kinda in shock...it's not like these boys talk about their emotions much!

And, as am I...I am so glad Carson [& Kellen] are alive! We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas full of love...and joy...and hope!

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment