Well, we have been the sick household for the past week and a half. Carson had a high fever for 4 days and now we are into occasional fevers, cough, and a nose that won't quit running. It is/was RSV...there were a few nights/days that I was pretty concerned and wondering if we needed to head to the hospital. But thankfully, we were able to battle it from home (with assistance of supplemental oxygen a couple nights). I am SO SO very thankful that Carson didn't catch this nasty virus when he was younger and I am so glad it reared its ugly head prior to surgery because it would have been awful trying to recover from surgery while fighting RSV.
Kellen was fine until this past Thursday when he started in with a cough and fever. Thankfully, his has been more mild. Temperatures are not quite so high so he has been able to carry on in a pretty normal fashion. And as of now, Preston and I have stayed healthy. But ugh, all I see is now how the flu is starting to become more prevalent.
Let me just tell you, if we happen to get the flu...I will be in a corner, crying! This past week and a half has been hard enough...staying at home, worrying about sick kids, taking care of sick kids, etc.
We did get the surgery rescheduled...it is now set for February 23rd. Let's just pray that Carson has recovered from RSV by then and does not become host to any new germs before then!
No comments:
Post a Comment