We will be leaving for Cincinnati again Sunday morning for Carson's surgery scheduled on Monday (7:30 am ET). I feel like we've been to Cincinnati so much recently and at times, I just wish we could stop and just live life but we are ready to get this next surgery done. And Carson makes it so easy for us, he doesn't complain or act anxious going into these trips. In fact, Preston was talking to the boys this morning about why we were going to Cincinnati, explaining the surgery, etc. And then he asked Carson, do you want to get the surgery done and over with? Carson's response, "Yep!" and then "You think I can get a craft from Ronald McDonald to do once I'm feeling a little better after surgery?" I tear up just typing this. Where does this child get so much strength and an attitude that blows me away?!? Thank you, God! He has his moments when he gets nervous & doesn't want to once we get to pre-op but even then it is remarkable! And Kellen and Nana will join us as we travel just to give Carson all the comforts possible. So thankful that Nana and Kellen are such troopers, also.
They will be doing a supraglottalplasty (basically removing tissue by his epiglottis), a vocal cord lateralization (actually its the false cord just above the vocal cord) and they may need to place a stent for a couple weeks to help his airway heal & remain open. The stent is a pain because Carson is not able to talk while it is in place and eating is much more difficult. It will require at least an overnight stay (maybe 2) but should not be anywhere near as invasive as his reconstructive surgeries. The surgery is scheduled for 4 hours long. Praying for safety while we are away from him and divine guidance over the surgeon's minds and hands!
Thank you again for the many prayers that go up for Carson & our family. Carson is such a trooper but I continue to pray for protection over him for not only the surgery itself, but his mental and emotional health also, as he goes through yet another surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment