Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Our next adventure...

Hoping everyone had as wonderful a holiday season as we did! We were blessed with lots of time with family & friends! And now on to announce our next adventure....

Carson and Kellen will be big brothers to another little.... BOY!!!!

Just a little excited!
We (all of us) are over the moon excited and feel so incredibly blessed! Already, I feel like this pregnancy holds a little more significance and awe for me...we've known miscarriages, we've known bad news at ultrasounds (more times than I can count), we know there are no promises that this one will be healthy or an easy journey but the fact that we have the chance to bring another life into this world...is a blessing. We know that no matter what happens, we will survive with God's (and our huge support system's) help and that every life touches & changes our lives forever! I think my heart warms & grows a little EVERY time I feel this little one move inside me.

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16

We are praying for a healthy baby & pregnancy. We will be seeing my high risk OB (Dr. Vlastos) next month to get a little more clarification on method and timing of delivery. There is some clarification needed due to the way the boys had to be delivered & a chance we may have to deliver early with this one. I do know that this one will have to be a c-section and I can NOT go into labor. So lots of details to pray for...and a lot that can only be left in God's hands. And while that is SO EASY to say, it is much harder to always take to heart. We are due in June...so almost halfway there!

It's BLUE!
We had a lot of fun with the reveal. We used a balloon filled with confetti. None of us knew prior to popping the balloon whether it was a girl or boy. However, we were all shocked to see blue because I was certain this one was a girl. (This pregnancy has been so different from the boys') Both Carson and Kellen were rooting for a girl also but they are just as excited now for a brother! Add another boy and leave me even more outnumbered : )

And next up, we are scheduled to go to Cincinnati for Carson's surgery January 30th. I'm praying we can stay healthy (RSV, the flu, and strep are going around). They will be doing a supraglottalplasty (basically removing tissue/opening up Carson's airway ABOVE his voicebox). It will require at least an overnight stay but should not be anywhere near as invasive as his reconstructive surgeries. Thank you for the many prayers that go up for Carson. He is such a trooper but I continue to pray for protection over him for not only the surgery itself, but his mental and emotional health also, as he goes through yet another surgery.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment