Friday, February 21, 2014

Feeling full!

Feeling full...full of love, full of joy! And what perfect timing...right around Valentine's day! These past three weeks have been busy and SO much fun! Not busy because we've been doing much out of the ordinary but busy because we have had LOTS of wonderful visitors! My uncle Tom came down to do the electrical work on our new house. And James had already scheduled to take the time off work in Columbia to come down to help. So we just said good bye to the two of them today. But in those three weeks, my dad came down to help two different times, as well as Josh. Emmett even took time off work to come up and help and my grandpa made an appearance to put his electrical expertise to work. Not to mention Preston and his dad. They put in some long days and the boys and I put in some long days at home, trying to keep them all going : )  Everyone sacrificed time with their families, time away from loved ones and jobs, time on the road, and even sacrificed warmth since the first week it was in the teens and twenties. We had a blast and I feel so full of love for our families that are ALWAYS willing to jump in and help out! BUT, I have to say, I'm ready for some GIRL TIME!! I am ready to replace some of the gorry, violent, action movies with sappy love stories and the smelly feet with pedicures : ). But really, I'm not complaining, I would do it all over again! The boys will not know what to do without all the guys here to entertain. I've posted a few of the pictures from our time together. We ended the three week stint with chocolate malts and a trip to the Harley store : )

Some other big news...Carson is now officially fed MORE BY MOUTH than by tube. WAAAHOOOOO!! Simply amazing! A huge answer to prayer. We cut back his feeding again this week. He also had his first chocolate malt with Tom and James. Yes, he fits right in with Poppy and Uncle Josh, he LOVED it! Kellen has hit a growth spurt and grew 3/4" in the past month (Carson grew 1/4") and Kellen has also caught on to the idea of using the potty! He has used the potty multiple times each day for the past 4 or 5 days. I'm not saying we are ready to get rid of diapers but I think this is a huge step in the right direction! We continue to trudge along and are really enjoying the warmer weather!

I scheduled Carson's upcoming surgery/evaluation in Cincinnati for April 9th. We will most likely go up the night before and return the same day of the surgery so no overnight hospital stay : ) As always, I ask for prayers for the team of surgeons that will be evaluating Carson - that they use the utmost care when operating on Carson and that they get the best overall picture of Carson's airway which will lead to the development of the best plan for the coming months/years. I will not stop praying for a complete miracle until the trach and g-button are nothing but memories! Other prayer requests...continued improvements in eating for Carson and continued health for the boys. We have been so blessed this winter season with good health and pray that it continues. Much love to everyone!


Oh, last thing...a funny story about Carson. I was fixing dinner in the kitchen while the boys played. Carson was intent on getting onto his tricycle. The problem was, he had his shoes on and that always makes it a little harder for him as his shoes tend to get stuck and his foot isn't as flexible to slide through different parts. Anyways, I could hear him huffing and puffing a little bit (getting a bit frustrated) because his feet kept getting tangled up and he couldn't get on the tricycle. So I try to TALK him through how to get on the bike (from the kitchen). Well, he gave it one more shot & almost lost his balance. That was his last straw, but instead of simply walking away from the bike...he took that tricycle by the handlebars and tire and shoved it over on its side THEN walked away. I couldn't help but bust out laughing! He showed it!

Our crew the first weekend!

The boys and the UNCLES ; )

more SNOW fun with Aunt RaRa

Our Valentine's morning crew!

Two of the sweetest valentines I could have ever asked for

funny faces!

Cousins!!

Hahaha!





Now, THAT'S alot of wires!

Papa and Daddy hanging can lights!

Grampe working his magic

I think all the guys spent some time up in the rafters (glad no one was scared of heights!)

Fun with Poppy up in the bonus room!

Our electrical crew minus Emmett, Grampe, and Papa
Celebrating with malts (this may have been the third night of celebration ; )!!
Harley dudes! Starting them young...



No comments:

Post a Comment