My mom is coming with us to watch Brody while I'm over at the hospital. I am anxious to have this surgery and the hospital stay behind us. I KNOW God is with Carson and all of us but I still have fears about what is in store...that seem bigger at times than others.
I'm going to make this short (because I need to get to bed) and hope to update along the way.
Specific prayer requests
1. For guidance and clear thought for the surgeons...we actually feel good about Carson going into this surgery but he did have a short lived fever a week ago with subsequent cold symptoms. He looks good overall now but still has a little bit of sinus drainage that causes more coughing than normal. The nurse practitioner from Dr. Cotton's office called me today asking more about this illness and just letting me know if we wanted an out to reschedule...she was giving me one because one, this surgery is totally elective, and two we know Carson's past history...that he has a complicated airway so we want him at the best possible point going into this surgery. The call caused me to fret but after talking with Preston (& getting my mom's insight)...Preston and I decided it was best to go ahead and go. We will definitely let the doctors know that if they get in there & his airway doesn't look great...we are totally fine with rescheduling. So that's why we need extra prayers in this area...we really want to get this surgery done now but I do want it to be the best timing!
2. Peace & strength for Carson as he goes through the anesthesia process and the hospital stay.
3. Peace & strength for me (& Preston) to journey with Carson while trusting God & leaving Carson in God's most capable hands.
4. Healing of Carson's airway in the days, weeks, months ahead and a successful surgery!
5. For Kellen while he is away from us that everything goes smoothly and he has a great time!
6. Safety on the roads
The reconstruction is scheduled for 7:30 am ET and should last about 6 hours. I would explain more of what they are doing but I'm not sure I really understand. Trusting in the doctors' hands and the guidance of God on them!
'Thank you' never seems adequate but we so very much appreciate all the love and support and the prayers that are said on our families' behalf. It really leaves me speechless...
Be still and know that I am God
Psalm 46:10
No comments:
Post a Comment