Carson and Kellen are now officially SIX!!! Their birthday was last week and they had their party on Saturday! It has been nonstop recently and my energy and patience are at rock bottom....I think we are on the mend (knock on wood!) but Carson has been sick for TWO weeks! He missed several days of school but just has not felt well for at least a week and a half! Then Brody caught the nasty virus....SOOOO its been less sleep than normal, lots of coughing, runny noses, whining (from the kids....okay, and me too!), an almost absent appetite for Carson, and carrying around Mr. Brody most of the day. The end result...weight loss for Carson, a sore neck for me, bags under the eyes, snapping at insignificant things, and a rescheduled trip to Cincinnati.
We were planning to head to Cincinnati the end of this week for another scope and hopefully a solid plan on the the next step (taking the trach out!). BUT, then this sickness caught hold and wouldn't leave Carson alone. So, the scope has now been rescheduled for December 27th. Praying he is well for that one. And while, my first reaction was one of dread that it has to be during Christmas break...I think it may work out well because we won't miss any school, Kellen can now come with us, and there is probably a better chance that we will all be healthy. I am just really praying for guidance for the doctors in determining the best time to decannulate (remove the trach). Because in many ways I think Carson is ready to have it out & there are no further invasive surgeries planned yet there are still many, MANY questions and concerns that I have. Some of which I believe could be answered but many I believe will only be answered after the fact. Decannulation is something that we have prayed for, hoped for, and dreamed about every since he got the trach SIX years ago but it is also sooooo SCARY!!!
In other news, Brody will be 6 months old tomorrow!! I have NO idea how that can be...these months have flown by and I just want to grab hold of time, dig in my heels, and keep him a baby a little while longer! He continues to be the reason for many many smiles and lots of laughs!
We pray that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! This holiday is such a good reminder to count our blessings because there is always something to be thankful for!!
 |
| Jack o Lanterns! |
 |
Happy Halloween from our Trolls to you!!
|
Branch, Guy Diamond, The Cloud, Aspen Heitz, & Chenille
 |
| The big SIX!!! |
 |
| A Ninja Party to celebrate...boys are crazy!!! |
 |
| He's always smiling!!! |
 |
| Brody's baptism 11.12.17 |
No comments:
Post a Comment