Monday, June 12, 2017

6.12.2017

Brody.
Today was your due date. Yet we’ve got to enjoy you for 4 weeks now. And I thank God everyday that you are here. And that you are healthy. As we found out, things could have gone much differently. While we were headed to the hospital to have you, I was wishing to let you be for awhile longer because you seemed so cozy. Yet, as we would find out, my uterus [your lodging, at the time] was basically ONE cell layer from rupturing which would have thrown everything in to an emergency situation and who knows what the outcome would have been for me & you. So I thank God for guiding the doctors on the best time to deliver you!!


I still occasionally feel like it is all a dream. How could I be so lucky (so blessed) to get to do this motherhood thing again and that we are getting to experience so much of the normalcy of a baby!?! Carson & Kellen’s journey definitely molded our perspective and I am just SOAKING up this time with Brody…it makes me a little sad to think of all the snuggles and downtime we missed with the boys yet the perspective we gained helps us enjoy all the little moments a bit more. It is such a wonderful feeling to have all three of our boys in our home together and to see Carson and Kellen enjoying the many aspects of being big brothers!
My WHOLE heart in a picture!

P.S. Carson and Kellen have continued to do well at summer school and we have not had any incidents with Carson's trach. The early mornings are a bit rough for the boys and often include many..."I don't like school"s "I don't want to go to school"s but by the time I pick them up...they can hardly take turns to tell me ALL they have done. We have been counting down the days until it is over : ) This is the last week for them because we have a couple appointments in St. Louis the beginning of next week. We are going to see the feeding team at Cardinal Glennon. I'm praying for some insight as to how to progress Carson to total oral feeds (if they think its time to just cut out all tube feedings & let him figure out hunger/appetite or if there is more that needs to be done before that).

1 week old


Our first walk...do you see the big boys up ahead. We just couldn't keep up!

All three boys' first bonfire!

But not our first rodeo with s'mores...we've had that goodness before!

"Fun day" with Nana & Brody


First campout [in our backyard]...they loved it! And big props to Preston for enduring the endless excitement & little sleep!


Mr. Brody broke 9 lbs this week!

Yay for tball games [& fans]! The boys may not look excited but don't let their faces lie to you...they've enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment