We made it home yesterday (a day earlier than expected) & this momma was happy to be home! Carson did well! The scope (on Friday) still showed some swelling at the prior surgical site which Dr. Cotton felt was to be expected. But because there was still some swelling...he wants to take a very slow, conservative approach. We will return in 6 months. I asked if it was really necessary to wait that long (Kindergarten was in my mind) and he was firm on waiting 6 months. However, he does not believe that further intervention will be needed (Thank you God!) So, Saturday night, Carson did a capping trial overnight. He did well with no oxygen desaturations and no drops in his heart rate with his trach capped. We will continue what we have been doing (capping during the day) for 3 months [I believe this is to allow most of the swelling to subside] and then cap day and night for 3 months before returning to Cincinnati. We haven't gone 6 months without a trip to Cincinnati in a couple years...so the break will be nice for Carson [& for us].
So, although, I have always prayed his trach would be out by Kindergarten...I am over the moon excited they he still thinks that the big surgeries are behind Carson. I think it was a good report overall! Thank you for the many many prayers, calls, texts, etc. We are so incredibly grateful!
Now, my prayer is we can make it until May 15th to deliver this baby...I've been more tired since the trip and have been having more Braxton Hicks contractions. We have an appointment tomorrow [Tuesday] and then hopefully next Monday will be a birthday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment