
We head back to Cincinnati tomorrow for another scope on Friday. It is scheduled for 8 AM (ET). We appreciate the prayers...the hope was that after this scope they would let us start capping his trach (which is one of the last steps before taking it out altogether). But how is it that as that glimmer at the end of the tunnel just barely starts peaking, you feel like you are put in slow motion, you become a bit more impatient, and any little set back feels a bit bigger. This past Friday, I finally put a name on a symptom of Carson's...STRIDOR...noisy breathing...something that you don't want to hear...meaning that there is something narrowing his upper airway, whether it is collapse of the airway, tissue blocking it, or something else. Although, Carson didn't & doesn't seem phased by it and doesn't seem to be in any sort of distress, I know it is not a good sign. I talked to the doctors last week in Cincinnati and they didn't feel like anything needed to be done early but of course were concerned about the whys?? also. So after about a day of being really disheartened, a bit anxious trying to stop all the worst case scenarios from playing through my head, and a whole lot of soul searching/praying...I got back up and realized, this isn't the end of the world. Carson is fine, he is still living each day to the fullest, he is carefree, and God's got this. I feel much more at peace although my hope is dimmed for this scope to be full of good news...I am praying for some answers as to what/why he has stridor and what can be done about it. Thank you all for journeying with us and carrying us in your prayers.
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31
Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today...The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.
Exodus 14:13-14
No comments:
Post a Comment