Wow! We have had several incredible days! We finally got snow....YAY!!! And the boys got to try out the sleds they got from Nana and Poppy for Christmas! This is the first time the boys have been sledding. We've been outside playing in the snow alot and the boys LOVE it (I may love it just as much)! They are really at a fun age and still find so much enjoyment in so many activities! Both boys really enjoy sledding! Carson definitely errs on the said of caution but he has done a really good job trying out the different sleds and seemed to be more sure of himself each day. What is so sweet is he definitely feels most comfortable when Preston or I ride down with him. When he wraps his arms around your legs to hold on for the ride. KNOWING you can make your child more comfortable just by being there MELTS my heart! I know you've all heard it before too but a child's TRUST is amazing and it really hit me the other day. If only I could have that childlike trust when it comes to how God is working in my life...how he is using Carson's suffering, how HIS timing IS best, and how he alone knows what the future holds. It is something I have to continually work towards! It is so easy for me to get overwhelmed with feeding issues but I'm trying to stay in the moment and celebrate all our small victories.
"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own understanding." Proverbs 3;5
Carson had a couple rough weeks...he got a virus of some sort with fever for several days (I think it may have been roseola) but it made eating & mealtimes much more challenging! However, he has bounced back and has done really well the past couple days, a few small bites of things like pancakes and syrup, fish, fried potatoes, muffins, sugar cookies, etc.
I just have to share some of our snow pictures
 |
| First day sledding! |
 |
| Our machinery just wasn't quite big enough to get the driveway cleared ; ) |
 |
| Daddy and his boys! |
 |
| Hot chocolate and marshmallows!!! Yum! |
 |
| The boys were so excited when Margo and Meredith came over to sled with them! |
 |
| This is MY favorite...their faces are priceless! |
 |
| I pulled the boys down to check the mail : ) |
 |
| And of course we HAVE to have some snow ice cream! |
No comments:
Post a Comment