Wednesday, November 5, 2014

WE'RE BAAAACK! (as a bunch of M&M's)

We FINALLY got internet! : ) Preston is thinking we made need to disconnect it again because I have made about 10 transactions in the past week. ; ) What can I say...I haven't had internet for over two months and I've been waiting to buy lots of stuff until we did (for the house, for the boys' birthdays, etc).

We had a wonderful (but cold) Halloween! Our family dressed up as M&M's, Meredith was a tootsie roll and Margo was a pig (1 of the 3) : )


The boys were so excited that Ellie came to trick or treat with them!

I've never seen a cuter yellow M&M

Our little family of M&M's


And the whole BUNCH!

The boys had a blast even though it was so cold!!

The boys sure love Margo and Meredith!
Checking out all their loot with Poppy!

I just love this picture! Not sure Ellie was taking it all in but the boys were sure telling her all about their candy (KitKats and Smarties)

 We've been busy the past couple months with getting moved, finishing up with lots of little jobs on the house (but let me tell you, I have a very talented and hard working father-in-law and husband...I'm so thankful because they have done some really good work around the house), trodding through all the mud - especially after the rain showers, trying to figure out how to get a good routine of cleaning a house twice as big as the last one (actually, I've just given up and realized I can't : ), etc. I'm confident we will eventually get some pictures up on the walls but I'm guessing it won't be for awhile : ) Preston finally just said, 'make me a list,' there are so many little jobs to be done that we can't remember all of them.

Thank you so much for the continued prayers! I feel like we are on a roller coaster with Carson's feeding (sometimes we see big improvements and then we hit a lull and then sometimes seem to go backward) but we are still trudging along. I know some of it is just me too, sometimes I just want it to be easy and unfortunately, it just isn't. So then, it is a matter of finding that extra energy to keep plugging along, keeping each meal time as fun as possible while still working on ALL the things that need to be addressed. AND, if I can keep things in perspective and look at the bigger time frame, we have made huge strides. A year ago, Carson was still 100% tube fed and now he only receives 30% of his nutrition through his tube. THAT is encouraging! : )

Here are several pictures over the past few months!
Taking a lunch break with Daddy and Papa

Daddy's helper

They both LOVE to help!

Looks like Nana might be enjoying this game the most : )

We did this over and over and over!

Now it's Poppy's turn to have lunch with the boys! Poppy was very good to come down several times to help hang fans and wire in some of the switches

Carson and Kellen's first Stoddard county fair! The both agreed that they had to ride the train first!
Now for some pumpkin carving!

HELLOOOO in there!

The finished product! (No, we do not make the boys always wear their helmets, although it isn't a bad idea)

We now have two cats, Stripes and Bubba! The boys love them and are really good about helping with their food and litter box.
Decorating our Halloween cookies! Yummmy!

The boys think it is so special when THEY get to hold Ellie!

That smile says it all!

The whole group got in on bedtime stories!

1 comment:

  1. It has been too long since I dropped by to see how the miracle twins are doing. I prayed for your family during the pregnancy and birth and scary first year, as a member of a prayer chain at I.C. in Springfield MO. I am thrilled to read about this wonderful day! Thanking GOd today for the miracle I was able to witness in your family. Amy C. Springfield, MO

    ReplyDelete