Saturday, December 7, 2013

I LOVE this time of year!

Yay for snow!!! It just topped it off...I love Christmas time, especially when we have lots and lots of snow AND still have power : ) This will be short but I wanted to get some of these pictures up...Carson has continued to do well with eating. I catch myself just holding my breath sometimes...will he eat this time? how much? is he going to gag and throw up? I feel like it is all a dream sometimes and I just pray I don't wake up : ) Carson doesn't always eat as much and it at times requires more 'encouraging' than others but I do think it is clear that he CAN do it! Now, its just a matter of progressing to solid foods and eventually getting rid of that dang feeding tube! I have actually talked to the dietician and Carson's speech therapist and we ARE going to try to cut one feeding out (200 calories). So, that means that Carson should technically cover those calories by the foods he eats by mouth. Please, please be praying that I can keep it all in perspective because I want to keep it as positive as possible.

Secondly, Carson has done better overall with his coughing, however there are still times when he seems to cough more than usual and occasionally he requires supplemental oxygen at night for no obvious reason. I just continue to pray for direction and guidance for everyone that is involved in his care.

We have sure had fun these past couple weeks, here are a few pictures...

Buds!
Turkey trot crew!! We had so much fun!
Their first 'trot'

They look so grown up...getting ready to go see Santa!

Daddy's big helpers!

Love this picture!

First look at ALL the snow!

A tree needle must be getting Carson : )

We have some more snow ice cream lovers!
Kellen thought he was ready for the snow : ) haha!

Now we are ready!







No comments:

Post a Comment