We've had some exciting new changes the past couple weeks...Carson is eating!!!!
Ok, ok...when I say eating...I mean taking bites, that aren't just little tastes or licks, but actual bites, and multiple bites! I wanted to do a post last week, when the big news was that Carson had eaten ONE Tablespoon of baby food (with 1/2 T. of juice to thin it down) between three settings! This was huge! I know that one tablespoon doesn't seem like alot. I mean, I can eat that in one bite easily, but for Carson, that is HUGE!
Well, Carson didn't stop there...the last couple days, he has eaten 1-2 Tablespoons at EACH setting (and we aren't thinning the food down at all!). This morning, I was marveling at Carson and Kellen, we all sat down...Kellen was eating french toast and Carson was taking REAL sized bites of yogurt. It felt SO normal : ) Isn't NORMAL just so wonderful! I'm just so proud of Carson! When you give him a bite, there is no trying to distract him or trying to get him to open his mouth, no gagging afterwards (at least not all the time). He just opens his mouth, takes the bite, then moves his tongue to organize the food, and swallows! AMAZING! I definitely have a different view of eating now...it truly is amazing all that goes in to taking a single bite (most of which we never even think of consciously!) This is really a big step for Carson! He still needs his tube feedings to get the nutrition he needs but it is so wonderful to see him eating...praying that it continues!
Now, for Kellen...he is eating like a champ! He had a full piece of meatloaf last night, along with fried potatoes. This morning, he ate one and a half pieces of French toast. I LOVE it!!! He also mastered going up the ladder and down the slide by himself this week : ) He did it over and over and over! Such a busy little man!
Thank you for the continued prayers! We are awaiting Carson's next surgery October 2nd, in Cincinnati.
Here are some pictures from the last couple weeks (including some pictures of our new home!)
 |
| They had so much fun playing ping pong! |
 |
| Can you hear the laughter?!? |
 |
| my LOVE! |
 |
| Boys and their toys (or maybe some little girls' toys) ; ) |
 |
| Group photo time...yeah right! |
.jpeg) |
| We will have a basement!! YAY! |
 |
| Carson just thought the chalk lines needed to be adjusted a little : ) |
 |
| Kellen is checking out the plumbing! |
 |
| We have stairs!! |
 |
| One of my favorites! |
 |
Checking out the BIG backyard!
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 |
No comments:
Post a Comment