Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yellow Butterfly

I just had to share this...I very special blessing from my Grandma Hermesch.

First, let me give you some history...TODAY, is the 2nd anniversary of my Grandma going home to heaven. Shortly after my Grandma passed, a very good friend of hers asked for Grandma to send her a 'sign' that she was in heaven. This friend asked for a very specific sign...a butterfly...and she asked even more specifically, for a yellow butterfly (Grandma's favorite color). That night, her husband (unbeknownst to his wife's request) brought in a butterfly to show her. You guessed it, it was a YELLOW butterfly.

So here is my story...the boys and I went out to play this morning (nothing unusual, we do this every morning). We did our usual, ate a snack in the shade on the back porch, took a walk around the neighborhood, played in the rocks, and were just about to go in but I remembered to water the flowers on the front porch. So, we got the watering pot and were filling it up when I happen to look up and a yellow butterfly lands just a few feet away. I point it out to the boys..."Look, it's a yellow butter...(it hits me) it's a YELLOW BUTTERFLY." A sign from Grandma on her "going home to heaven" anniversary...I was impressed that I even put this all together because I'm not one that really remembers to look for these type of things : ) The really neat part, that was the FIRST butterfly I have seen this summer! And even more special... as we were standing there, the little butterfly started flying a figure eight right around the boys...circling them! I felt like Grandma was giving them a special blessing from above! This went on for awhile... I called Mom to tell her Grandma said 'hi' : ) and then thought to get a video. (I tried to attach the video clip, but I can never get it to work...uggh!)


It was such a beautiful way to begin our day!

No comments:

Post a Comment