Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Update from the Clark household

Man, I really thought I had this ALL under control and we were doing well...that is, until I opened the George Foreman at lunch to make a grilled cheese. See, Mom & Sarah have both been gone the last couple weeks, so Preston and I have had more time with just the two of us and the boys. And it actually went REALLY well, which is a HUGE prayer answered, seeing that a year ago (& probably even six months ago) it would have been a HUGE challenge! Anyways, back to the George Foreman...I thought I had been doing good, making dinners each night, keeping everyone fed, the house cleaned up, the boys on their schedule, etc. etc. Except when I opened the George Foreman, I found a tuna cake left from over a week ago! SICK!!! Yes, that means I had forgotten to clean the George. Yes, I had smelled a slightly, fishy smell but I just thought it must be something in the trash. LOL! I just had to smile as I threw the leftover cake away. Good one, huh!?!

But other than that, we ARE doing well! Carson is back to his 'normal' and, knock on wood, is not puking much - in fact, it is usually just more like 'spit up' a couple times a day. So he is gaining weight....YAY! He broke 24 pounds and is back to the 25th percentile on the growth chart. Thank you God and another huge prayer answered (especially since we decided to cancel the pyloroplasty). Preston is getting sleep again at night, meaning Carson's secretions are back to normal. And the boys continue to LOVE playing outside despite the heat. Kellen is also growing and has actually been eating better the last few days : ) We continue to work with Carson on eating by mouth but really haven't made any huge strides but at least he is still taking sips from his sippy cup or spoon and will occasionally take bites of yogurt or baby food. We WILL continue to persevere...thank you for the prayers because meal time/Carson's eating is one area that can be stressful. It's just one of those things that I wish I knew WHEN Carson would start eating (because I do think he will eventually eat by mouth).

I'm sure all moms do this but I catch myself just staring at Carson and Kellen throughout the day, wondering where my little babies went. It seems like they have become little BOYS just overnight. If anyone ever doubts there is a God...just take a look at the perfectness of little children : ) (I'm not saying they are perfect all the time but they are just so stinkin' cute : ) Carson is walking more and much faster and has now mastered getting up from the floor without pulling up on anything. Kellen runs all day long and climbs on anything and everything. They LOVE following each other around and getting into whatever the other one is in (sometimes leading to disagreements : ) The boys jabber ALL day long and they are very good at understanding us but don't use many words themselves. We just recently started trying some sign language and I have actually been REALLY impressed!

Anyways, here are a bunch of pictures...

 First, a few from a year ago...
The FIRST fight : )
The Rogersville Wildcat Crew!!!



Snack time! I think Poppy might have had more than Kellen: )

Unloading the dishwasher...they are big helpers, you just have to be really fast to make sure the bowls aren't dropped.
Wagon rides are the best!!
Jacob and Becky came to visit : ) and guess what?!? we went on a wagon ride...
These were their smiles on command but it looks like the Clark duet!

Cruising in his new Puma outfit from Mimi & Papa!



They always want to turn their stools upside down...


NO MORE PICTURES! I just want to go outside!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment