Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wonderful weekend...with lots of fun activities for the boys! They enjoyed their first crawfish boil (they didn't try any but enjoyed watching all the kids!) and then spent yesterday at Mimi and Papa's (Preston's parents).

This was an anniversary, of sorts, because last year (on Memorial Day) was the FIRST time the boys went to Mimi and Papa's house. I probably would not have remembered that except, I was working on their baby books...Yes, I realize, I am over a year behind : )... and saw it. But, it was good timing because it made me realize how far we have come, once again! Some other things I had noted from May 2012...For Carson, he took his first bath WITHOUT crying/screaming and I also had noted that the trip to Mimi and Papa's a year ago, was the first time Carson rode in his car seat without crying/screaming. Looking back, I didn't realize how irritable/fussy Carson was for a 6 month old (I realize he had every reason to be) but to see how happy of a kid he is now, is a true miracle! Yesterday, he was talking, talking, talking to the cat and walking ALL over the place. Thank you God!

For Kellen, a year ago he had just figured out how to roll over and loved playing with his toes : ) Yesterday, he was red in the face (and his little arms) from trying to keep up with Meredith outside.

Other praises this past week...Carson GAINED weight...he now weighs 23 lb & 3 oz. This is the most he has weighed yet. He was close to this same weight in March before we went to Cincinnati and before the Gtube shennanigans/complications. He is still throwing up some, but it is far less volume than before surgery and is typically caused by coughing or getting really upset. Kellen also gained weight and is 23 lb 7 oz. YAY for Kellen as he is not a big eater! And lastly, we got Carson's tumor markers back (lab results that can be elevated if cancer is present - i.e. if there was a recurrence of the teratoma) and they were lower than 6 months ago and well within the normal range!

Carson continues to have more secretions (which means Preston doesn't get much sleep at night) but this is also improving. Thank you all for the prayers...I KNOW it plays a big part!

Crawfish!!! (don't the boys look thrilled : )

Hangin' with Margo and Meredith at Mimi & Papa's house

No comments:

Post a Comment