Preston, Carson, and I made it to Cincinnati about 6:30 or 7 (Cincinnati time) yesterday evening. The trip went as well as could be expected. We missed one turn shortly after leaving Dexter but it didn't delay us much at all. Carson slept for the first 2 hours of the trip (thank you Sarah and Mom for keeping him entertained before we left : ). We only made one stop for gas and a break. Carson had his first 'gas station break' experience and he completed it by puking all over himself & Preston while I was in the bathroom. I couldn't help but laugh just a little when I came out... Oh, the joys of children. I think Carson is fine...although he did puke again in the car about an hour later (this time I caught it with the puke bucket). It may be some car sickness (which my family knows all about) or it could just be Carson.
Anyways, we made it to the hotel, which seems to be okay. Preston unloaded the vehicle while Carson and I hung out in the room and wiped everything down with Lysol : ) - you never know... It took Preston three trips to get everything (even with a luggage dolly). But we got settled in...finally got a pizza up to the room about 9 pm. I think Carson was wondering where Kellen and the rest of everyone was last night, but he did pretty good for being tired on top of being in a new place.
Please stick in a couple prayers for Preston and I...I think we are in for several nights of very little sleep. So I hope the adrenaline (& God) can carry us through until we get home. Also, say a few prayers for little Kellen. Before we left, he got a hold of my CHI (hair straightener) ....good job, me...& burnt two of his fingertips pretty good. They blistered up...I felt awful! He seemed to be in a fair amount of pain right afterwards but Mom & Sarah said the rest of the day, yesterday, went better.
I'll try to get an update up later today after we have our appointments. Today, will just be clinic visits (with anesthesia and the aerodigestive team)...so I'm not sure how much information we will get.
Thanks again for the prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment