Okay I just got an update to share with everyone.
The bleeding and clotting are the biggest issues that Carson is facing. Because of the clotting they are using heparine to thin the blood but this of course causes more bleeding. Dr. Yang continues to balance the risks as best he can but we truly need Gods hands on Carson to stop the clotting so they can stop the heparine and stop the bleeding. They are going to change the tubing again on the ECMO machine within the hour. Please pray for this procedure as it is rather risky since Carson will not have use of the machine during the procedure. I asked how long it takes and she said seconds but Dr. Yang's response was I'll go as fast as I can and you pray. Dr. Yang has said that if the bleeding does not get under control they may have to do exploratory surgery to find the cause. No timeline has been given as to when he feels this would be necessary, so continued prayers for God's wisdom and guidance for the doctors and nurses is appreciated.
The praise is that Carson's kidneys are working better than before (per Dr. Yang) but we still need continued prayers more pee to reduce the fluid in his body.
Thank you again for all your prayers!
Posted by Carolyn
No comments:
Post a Comment