Friday, August 20, 2021

Headed to Cincinnati

We are planning to head to Cincinnati in the morning (Saturday). I’m having to type this out on my phone so I will keep it short.

Details aren’t real clear yet partly with covid procedures in place, partly due to insurance, and partly due to playing phone tag but the general idea is the same as I mentioned in the last post. We will go Sunday to allow Carson to see and be fitted for a mask and feel some pressures. Then, the actual sleep study will be Monday evening assuming that Sunday goes okay. 

I’ve had some anxious thoughts for Carson but really trying to focus on “What is” vs “What if” thoughts.

Here are prayer requests from the last post:

• That Carson can tolerate CPAP
• That there will be a mask that fits properly
• That God will guard his mind from anxious thoughts and allow him to rest with peaceful thoughts
• That maybe, just maybe, his airway will have healed more and already be open enough that he does NOT even need CPAP – this is my miracle I’m praying for
• To guide Carson, us, and the doctors in determining if CPAP is the best option to allow Carson to thrive
• And that the Ronald McDonald House will be accepting short term stays by August. Currently, they are not due to COVID. The RMH is what all 3 of the boys have been looking forward to!

*We thought that the last one had been answered when we got a cal that they had opened the RMH back up but then we got another call and they had to cancel due to a positive covid case so we will be staying at a hotel.

God is good and I'm going to be praying expectantly to see His goodness in so many ways during this upcoming trip! Thank you to all those that join with us in prayer and positive thoughts!
“For the spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7


No comments:

Post a Comment