Sunday night, Carson will have a sleep study in the hospital while his trach is capped. Prayers that he can actually get a good night's rest with the 100 stickers, wires, straps, etc. they put on you for a sleep study.
Tuesday afternoon, he has a clinic appointment with the pulmonologist. Praying that the sleep study results are in by the appointment so we can discuss them and that we get some good answers to several questions we have about the stridor and the apparent increased work of breathing that normal play/running activities cause Carson (not that it slows him down but I want him to have energy for other things as well)
Wednesday morning (9:30 am ET) Rigid and flexible bronchoscopy with ENT & pulmonology to take a look at his airway and I'm praying they will do any intervention that is necessary, if any is indicated by the sleep study or the appt. (if it is needed)
Then return home for CHRISTMAS!! That's the plan but it has been known to change ; )
Speaking of change...last week I got a message from Cincinnati telling me I needed to call to reschedule ALL of Carson's appointments/surgeries because his insurance's enrollment with the hospital as whole had expired and the necessary paperwork would take 30-45 days. So I calmly...ha, my blood pressure went through the roof (I'm sure) when I got the message. I took a few breaths and called them back to ask what in the world was going on? : ) We've had these appointments for over two months, how are you just now catching this?!? Anyways, not only did Cincinnati Children's agree to try to get the necessary paperwork expedited (as it was their mistake) but we also contacted our Missouri representative to see if they could help. Well, there was a big lesson in this for me...as the election is still somewhat fresh and I'd been reminded of my general dislike for politicians. Who would it be that helped us out, allowing us to continue with our planned appointments?? None other than a politician!! Good reminder...there are so many good people out there...politicians, police officers, neighbors, etc. There is a lot of good in this world so don't let the bad ruin it! AND...prayer does mighty things! When I called Cincinnati two days ago to make sure it was a 'go' on their end also, the lady I was speaking to (who doesn't know me) said "You are very lucky. It was like everyone was on Team Carson Clark!" {But of course, I thought} She only made one call and from there everyone was working to get the insurance stuff figured out and keep Carson's appointments the same : )
In other news...Carson and Kellen are now FIVE!! Where have the years gone?!? They had a wonderful birthday and have really enjoyed the Christmas season so far. They are pumped for Santa!
Thank you all for the many prayers and thoughts you've sent our way...we've seen mighty miracles and hope that this may be the year we get rid of the trach! I will try to update from Cincinnati...we are staying at the Ronald McDonald House and the boys have been looking forward to it for the past several weeks. It's going to be COLD so we will get to take full advantage of all they enjoy about the RMH (inside).
| 5th birthday party fun {at the expense of Poppy & PaPa} |
| Our big five year olds! |
| Those. Smiles. |
| My heart melts. |
| And our love continues to grow. |
![]() |
| This was from pictures we had taken at Mom & Dad's |
![]() |
| They were done with pictures by this point : ) |


No comments:
Post a Comment