We head to Cincinnati tomorrow and Carson will have the t tube removed Monday morning. Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am ET. It should be a short procedure. The plan is for a trach to be put back in. They will get a look at the surgical area from last May on Monday but I think the true test and the most accurate picture of the success of the reconstruction won't be until the following Monday's procedure (Aug 22). The plan is for Carson to stay in the hospital (at least) overnight for observation.
I never look forward to surgeries but this is one of those that I'm more excited about. It means that I will be able to hear Carson's voice again. I'm sure there are many times we all wish we could cut the noise level of our kiddos in half, but it is unreal how much you can miss their voice. Three months seems like forever ago. Thank goodness for videos...I've played certain ones (from before the reconstruction) over and over just to hear that sweet voice. We are excited and praying and hoping for good news! Thank you for joining with us to cover Carson, the doctors, & nurses in prayer!
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter & your lips with shouts of joy. Job 8:21
No comments:
Post a Comment