Sunday, October 25, 2015

Amazing!!

We are home! We actually got to come home on Friday... a wonderful surprise to us! The doctors said his airway looked really good. There was little bleeding and inflammation when removing the stent which is why we got to come home early. However, as they reminded us, we won't truly know the success until this coming Friday, when they will do another scope. We got home late Friday but it was so nice to be home! Carson has bounced back wonderfully (much better than me...I feel like I'm still recovering from the emotional journey ; ) It is the most amazing thing to hear his voice again! I can't really put it into words but it is wonderful! His voice is actually clearer than it was which I believe is because his airway is more open and more air can move through his voicebox. I often just catch myself smiling or staring at Carson in wonder as he goes on and on about this thought or that. To hear the boys talking to each other again is the most beautiful gift!! Thank you God!!

I'm not sure why I have such a hard time giving all my worries and anxiety over to God because I know his plan is good and better than anything I could every dream but I continue to catch myself venturing into the future, into the unknowns, and finding things to become anxious about. Right after surgery, when I was so excited to hear Carson's voice, Carson continued to only whisper or mouth the words without any voice. I found myself starting to worry that somehow by opening his airway, his vocal cords no longer could touch and hence no vibration or voice. "What if I never hear him again?" ...but praise the Lord, we can and it is even better than before. If only I can remember to give all my worries to the Lord, I might hear him better...  Be still...let me show you my wonderful works.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Lots of laughter during the last hour of our trip trying to get the big trucks to honk their horns...

Playing at the Ronald McDonald House's playground when we got there

The boys LOVE this Ronald!!

Waiting for surgery...

And a visit with cousins (& the chipmunks) before we headed home! What a fun surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment