Tuesday, July 21, 2015

We have a surgery date

Carson's surgery is scheduled for Friday, September 18th. He will have a swallow study done the day before and then a 7-10 day hospital stay after the surgery. The reconstructive surgery itself will be 7-8 hours long! I am already praying for all the details of the trip, there are too many to even name and I'm sure alot I don't even know! Honestly, I am praying for some sort of miraculous healing, knowing that God's timing and plans are much better than mine, I still dream & pray because our God is in the business of miracles! I can just hear it, the doctors coming to talk to us after the reconstructive surgery, 'We don't know how to explain this but....'

Thank you all for your prayers! I have moments of fear and anxiousness about what the future holds for Carson, long term, success of the surgery, and with the hospital stay but I'm working on that TRUST that God wants from each one of us and just staying in the present moments. We went to a Tenth Avenue North concert recently and something that the lead singer said really struck home with me. He was saying how we so often ask God to show us our future/our path/His plan and really God just wants us to find joy IN our current place/our current path (whatever it may be). That is one thing small children are so good about...they are always in the moment - with little concept of time or future events.
"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


My dentist confirmed the presence of cavities and referred us to a pediadontist : (

Carson's turn...he did great, especially with his many oral aversions

Kellen's first visit at the pediatric dentist...he then had a minor surgery to repair three cavities...he did well but no more sticky hard candies for him

But nothing was said about ice cream ; )

Ellie's FIRST birthday!!

Ra-Ra even made sure the boys each had a monkey cake
Ready for our favorite 4th of July parade

Ready to sing some songs!

The WHOLE gang...we had a blast!

Had to throw in a puddle picture!!!

Silver Dollar City frozen lemonade!


The boys rode EVERY kiddie ride there was : )

2 comments:

  1. Kelly. THIS is how I knew about the surgery, I believe. I check on your blog from time to time and had just in the past couple weeks seen this post. I am so delighted to have met you and your amazing family today. I will look forward to hearing more about a miraculous surgery next month.

    Amy Carroll

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your comment! Thank you, thank you! It was a true blessing to me to meet you as well...another mighty prayer warrior that I can put a face to. We head out tomorrow

    ReplyDelete