Today is the day we celebrate miracles! Three years ago
today, Carson had the surgery that would save his life. So,
in his life, today is almost as special as his birthday. I was in my hospital
room at a completely different hospital waiting for calls from Preston to let
me know how the surgery was going. Carson was three days old and he was
fighting for his life. We know we witnessed a miracle, not only from what we
could see with our own eyes, but when we later read the op note and the first
line said, “The parents are fully aware that this baby may not survive.” When
we talked to medical professionals that see the sickest of babies and they
said, “We weren’t sure he would make it.”
We know that Carson’s life was spared and it was purely by God and the
abilities that were given to several amazing surgeons. Not only was Carson’s life
spared but the surgery went better than many expected. Today, most people
wouldn’t know he was born with a neck mass that was larger than his head, a
mass that completely distorted his facial features. I’m not sure why Carson’s
life was spared when some aren’t but I do know I will thank God everyday
because our lives have been so richly blessed by this sweet boy!
I just wanted to share this special anniversary with you all because so many of you were in prayer with us three years ago and so many have continued to pray with us since then. Muah!! <3 <3
No comments:
Post a Comment