Monday, August 12, 2013

A good day!

Our day went better than I even expected...thank you all SO MUCH for the prayers! We woke up at 2:30 am to pouring down rain and lightning and thunder! Well, we got ourselves together and from the time I took the first load out to the car (which wasn't in the garage) to the time I carried Carson out (less than 10 minutes), it went from the pouring rain to no rain at all. (Answered prayer #1).

Carson went back to sleep within 15 minutes and slept all the way to Cardinal Glennon (Answered prayer #2).

When we arrived, I asked the nurses about changing his trach out to the MRI safe trach AFTER sedation...they responded with, "That isn't what we typically do (with a list of reasons following) but I don't care to ask." So we continued on with the registration process. Long story short, not only did the anesthesiologist say he would wait until after he was sedated to change the trach, but they also allowed me to hold Carson while they gave him the anesthesia gas. (Answered prayer #3 with a HUGE BONUS hug : )

The MRI took approximately an hour and a half but they said it went well. While Carson was recovering, the nurse informed us that a radiologist would be down shortly, he had actually already read the scan and could tell us what he saw. Great News...he said, he did not see any evidence of residual teratoma, just something that looked like scar tissue. (Answered prayer #4) I didn't really have any concern about this but it was very nice to have that reassurance.

We stopped by the NICU on the way out and got to see BOTH of Carson's primary day nurses, as well as a couple of the other nurses that took care of him occasionally. (A wonderful, unexpected blessing!)

We also made it home without any puking, and Carson slept a portion of the way. (Answered prayer #5)

So, the MRI report is being faxed to Cincinnati and a hard copy of the MRI is being mailed. I am hoping Cincinnati will get all this information by the end of the week and we will hear something next week, in terms of their reading of the MRI and the next step. I am just really praying now that the surgeons from Cincinnati can get the information they need/want from this MRI.

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment