Friday, May 17, 2013

Pyloroplasty is cancelled!

Just an update...I spoke with surgery today and the results from Carson's Upper GI showed 'marked improvement' from his last study. This is great news in that his stomach is emptying, probably not quite as fast as it should but it is emptying. Bad news...that a pyloroplasty (surgery) is not THE ANSWER to his throwing up. Preston and I have decided to cancel the pyloroplasty for now. We will still go ahead with the tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy on Monday if Carson continues to get better. This means a shorter hospital stay and a shorter surgery. Yay!! We are praying that this is the right choice! Our biggest fear was to have the pyloroplasty and not fix the puking problem...so for now, we will just continue to clean up puke and take the next step next...whatever that may be, with no more incisions on his belly for now! Thanks again for all the prayers! I was very apprehensive about having the pyloroplasty and not sure that was the answer...so having a TEST also show that his stomach was at least emptying somewhat was the reassurance we needed to hold off (for now). I'm just hoping that we can find something to help with the vomitting (for Carson's sake primarily but also because I, and everyone else, have had enough practice cleaning up puke : )


I just LOVED 'Jesus Calling' yesterday...how fitting for our life and about just taking the next step next. (hopefully you can read it)


No comments:

Post a Comment