Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Carson is CRAWLING!!!

Ok...now some exciting news about Carson! He crawled ACROSS the living room this morning! Yay!! That's the furthest he has gone ever! In some ways, I believe we deter Carson more than help...in talking to his therapists and thinking about his beginnings....Carson has had someone RIGHT by his side for most of his life! So, why does he need to know how to do a whole lot for himself?!? when there is someone right there to do things for him...bring toys, pick him up, give him his binkie, and on and on. I tell myself all the time...just let him do it but you wouldn't believe how HARD that can be! So, I really just have to set him down and then move away from him so I don't help TOO much! Carson's standing balance is also improving and he is now pulling himself up on objects : ) It is SO much fun to watch!

The day after I made the post last week...Kellen surprised us with a new word..."Jesus!" It is SO sweet to hear him say it and it really does sound pretty clear. He learned it in reference to "Baby Jesus" in our nativity scene! So "Jesus" is right up there on his 'first words' list!He is also giving us more and more hugs...so sweet to feel a little ones arms around you : )

We pray everyone has a safe and blessed Christmas!

Uncle Josh made a surprise visit... or maybe it was just for the gingerbread men :) Carson also got to help!

More boxes...short ones


 wide ones....
Follow the leader (right into trouble...) haha!

And decorating Mimi's birthday cake! Happy Birthday Mimi!

No comments:

Post a Comment