Update: The boys (& Preston and I) LOVED their first trip to the Petelo and Nana and Poppy's house. We got to see lots of people and wish we could have seen everyone but the weekend was just not long enough. It had been a year since Preston and I were 'home' (in Rogersville). It was so good to be back! The trip to and from went fairly well. You can definitely tell that Carson is more used to long car rides but Kellen (& I) survived.
Prayer request: I spoke with Cincinnati Children's on Monday. The intake nurse took Carson's full medical history and then presented his case to the aero-digestive team (ENT, pulmonologist, and GI) yesterday. I got a call back yesterday and they are ready to go ahead with scheduling a full evaluation but we have to check with insurance first. I should be getting a call tomorrow or Monday to find out insurance approval and coverage. Cincinnati Children's is the leading hospital in the world for airway issues and reconstructions. So this is all very exciting but the biggest factor right now is whether insurance will cover it. We already have a surgery scheduled in St. Louis for next Wednesday but if we ARE going to go to Cincinnati, they encouraged us to hold off on surgery in St. Louis (just so there is less disturbance and manipulation of Carson's airway). I am just asking everyone to pray for direction, timing, and the best possible course of events for Carson's care...whether we go to Cincinnati now or in a couple years, whether with try less invasive surgeries in St. Louis first or not.
Pictures: Enjoy!!
| Loaded down & ready to go (we also had Mom's car packed : ) |
| Our welcoming crew at the Petelo! |
| Pat with the boys...One of the many might prayer warriors! |
![]() |
| Kellen is showing Great Grampe the ropes |
| The gang...(the Big Ones & Little Ones) |
| Carson and Kellen's newest friend...Jace |
| It was GREAT to see these girls & meet Jace for the first time! |
| Playing in the puddles at home : ) |

No comments:
Post a Comment