January 10
Well, poor little Carson had to deal with less than adequate amounts of milk the past 24 hours... they swithced to a G-button (a lower profile access) yesterday but since that time milk had been leaking (well gushing at times) with every feeding. Today, they made the decision to switch back to a G-tube until he gets a little bigger and the site heals better. Otherwise, no other changes were made today. Hopefully tomorrow we can begin the weaning process again after a blood gas is drawn. Big news for me (and a sigh of relief), I changed out his tracheostomy tube today without any hiccups or feeling like I was going to pass out and also gave him a Lovenox injection (as we will likely be on this for up to 6 months). Preston and I are sure learning alot through all of this!
Kellen continues to do well, he was pretty sleepy today which I would guess is due to his 'not so fun shots' yesterday and the Tylenol he had after a low-grade fever last night. Everyone be praying he isn't up ALL night : )
No comments:
Post a Comment