Saturday, December 17, 2011

update #1 for today

Yesterday, Carson had an echocardiogram. GREAT NEWS...it was normal. :) His heart had some hypertrophy or thickening of the muscle in past echocardiograms, but now his heart is normal. YEAH!!! In addition, there were no signs of any pulmonary hypertension. We were very happy to hear this. 

He is still higher on his ventilator settings, but at this point, they just want him to grow more and we will work with the ventilator later. We are still waiting to hear more about developments with his liver and calcium in his urine. Nephrology is consulting for his kidneys and will be getting additional labs over the next few days/weeks to monitor his urine. They believe it is not a serious problem, but needs to be watched. We are just waiting on his liver to get the next ultrasound on Tuesday. They don't believe it is active clotting because his labs don't indicate that, but we are just going to watch and wait. 

Yesterday, after I got off work, I drove up to the hospital to see Carson. It just made my heart sing to see Liz holding Carson and he looked so amazing. His color is better and the swelling in his face is better. He just looked so handsome and content. I was very thankful. We will post pictures in a little bit. 

Last night, I was going to try to help Preston and Liz with Kellen's night time feedings. What can I say, they are so efficient and such great parents, they didn't even need my help. I certainly was impressed. :)

Posted by Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment