Friday, November 25, 2011

reflections from Grandma Francie

As I sit here with Carson and Kellen...and everything is quiet, I wanted to share some of what I have felt these last couple of days.

Yesterday, on Thanksgiving, my cup truly runneth over with gratitude to God. When I first walked into the room, Dave and Sandy were there with their precious grandboys. Dave was watching over Carson and Sandy was holding Kellen. What a beautiful moment to have all four grandparents, Preston and Liz, and Carson and Kellen in one room.

Then, last night, the seven of us (Doug, Francie, Sarah, Elizabeth & Preston, Joshua, James) were in the room with Carson and Kellen. From my perspective, it was a PERFECT ending to an amazing Thanksgiving Day. There was so much love in this room that I could almost physically touch it.  Elizabeth was holding Carson's hands, calming him, because he had been more agitated due to the withdrawal process of coming off some of his meds. It melted my heart to see her talk so gently to her son. Then it was James' turn to hold Kellen. Joshua was standing close by, beaming from ear to ear. Oh my, words cannot describe that sight. I am smiling as I try to put it into words. I can only imagine the fun Uncle Joshua and Uncle James will have when they take Carson and Kellen for a weekend adventure. :)  

Then we got to witness Preston and Elizabeth give Kellen his first tub bath. Wow, did that bring back memories...especially when Kellen pooped in the bath water. Preston and Elizabeth were soooo calm throughout. THEN it was it was time for Carson's very first sponge bath from Preston and Elizabeth. And I watched in awe, thinking of where Carson had come in these last two weeks. There is nothing impossible with God!!!!

After Kellen's bath, it was Aunt Sarah's time to hold him...and more love flowed. :) Grandpa Doug even got to take his turn holding Carson's hands to soothe him. He is still a natural with children; especially his grandchildren. I just wish everyone could have seen the LOVE on each of their faces as they looked at these two precious lil' souls our Lord has blessed us with.

So, this evening, as I held Carson's hands and prayed over him and as I held Kellen for some time and prayed my chaplet of Divine Mercy, words REALLY cannot describe the feelings deep within.

I continue to pray blessings on ALL those who have prayed sooo faithfully for my grandsons and for Preston and Elizabeth. They have truly been the recipients of God's Divine Mercy, Love and Grace.

And I am a very grateful Grandma.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment